For questions about the Microgravity Spaceflight Competition, other than the online submission process, please contact Sean Thompson, Heinlein Prize Trust, email@example.com, 713-861-3600.
For questions about the online submission process, please contact Sheethal Lankipalle, Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Sheethal.Lankipalle@rice.edu, 713-348-3622.
The winner and the Heinlein Prize Trust will enter into an agreement outlining terms and conditions associated with the launch. Terms are expected to include:
- The proposer retains all intellectual property rights resulting from its experiment.
- Competition organizers, sponsors, and contractors shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the experiment hardware.
- The experiment hardware may not fly if it does not meet schedule or technical requirements.
- SpaceX reserves the right to fly the winning payload on a subsequent mission instead of the C2 COTS Demo flight.
- If the flight fails in any way, the organizers shall not be obligated to provide another flight opportunity.
This competition is neither organized nor endorsed by NASA.